DREAMING OF CHELSEA RETURN

Moses Dreams Chelsea Return

 

 

Super Eagles striker Victor Moses has declared that he remains a Chelsea player despite being on loan at Stoke City.
Speaking after scoring the winner for Stoke at the weekend, the Nigeria international who returned to action recently after a long lay- off due to injury said he is only at Stoke to do a professional job as he looks forward to return to the Stamford Bridge any moment from now.
“I’m comfortable. They’re great lads, friendly, and I’m enjoying my football,” he said.
“To be honest, I’m just enjoying my football at the moment. I’m still a Chelsea player and I’m here to do a professional job for Stoke City.
“I’m doing everything I can to make sure Stoke finish as high as possible in the Premier League.”
Meanwhile, Moses says no one should be surprised at how he kept his nerve to stroke home a last minute penalty winner against Aston Villa.
Moses secured Stoke a 2-1 victory at Aston Villa when he converted a spot-kick he had won himself after being tripped by Ron Vlaar.
The winger who recently returned from injury that kept him off for many months says it may have been his first penalty in the Premier League but he has a habit of tucking them away for Nigeria.
“There was no doubt I was going to score – I’m good at taking penalties,” he said.
“As soon as I won it I wanted to take it and Glenn came up to me and asked if I was comfortable. I told him yes I was. That’s not the first time I’ve taken a penalty and I just slid it into the net.
“To be honest I was looking at the keeper and waiting for him to move before I put it in. I was pleased and it gave us three points.
“It was the perfect time. You could see the joy from the fans, the manager and the players. It was great to grab the win.
“I had been looking to shoot (when I won the foul) and I just pushed it further forward when he put his leg around me. It was a clear penalty.”
Stoke had fallen behind to a Scott Sinclair header but Mame Diouf levelled late in the first half and the Potters stepped up a couple of gears after the break.
“I thought we deserved it. The lads worked very hard and it was a good three points and a great game for us,” said Moses, in an interview for Stoke City’s website.
“We showed spirit. We went a goal down but we know the quality of the players we’ve got and that we can come back and win any game.
“They had a new manager and they wanted to impress so it was good day for us.”
It is a return to winning ways after back-to-back 4-1 defeats to Manchester City and Blackburn.
Moses said: “It was a good turnaround. We’ve picked ourselves up now and moved on.
“We never doubted ourselves. We believe in the quality we’ve got in the changing room and we were raring to go against Villa. We were looking forward to putting it right.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Wrestler Big Show Comments On Wrestlemania Plans, Rumored Shaquille O’Neal Match Being Scrapped, How He Will Retire & Post WWE Plans

WHY HOUSE ON THE ROCK MADE IT THIS FAR....

Twelve Celebrities Who Resemble Animals!